Be part of our team
Bedec Products have been producing top quality water based paints since the early 1980’s and are the original innovators of water based paint effects that are now recognised throughout the industry.
Due to our continuing growth plans, we are looking to recruit an additional Production Operative preferably with colour matching experience at our site in Aythorpe Roding, Essex.
For this role, you will need to be technically minded, with a strong understanding of manual handling. Experience working with paint, colour matching and the characteristics of coatings and finishes is highly desirable.
Previous manufacturing experience working in a factory setting is essential. The successful candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and thrive on physical work.
A full clean drivers licence is essential as we are based in a remote location which is not serviced by public transport. A Forklift truck licence is also highly desirable.
We encourage all our colleagues to develop themselves in all areas and aim to promote from within the business whenever possible. Ongoing training courses are provided upon successful completion of probation.
- Operating and cleaning of production machinery including filling machines, dispersing/mixing equipment, scales and also hand-held tools
- Understand and follow detailed work instructions relating to the making of paint.
- Fulfilling customer orders for specially tinted products
- Maintaining a detailed record of all bespoke tinted colours
- Conducting basic quality control checks
- Storing goods and raw materials which may involve operating lifting equipment and forklift trucks
- Packaging goods onto pallets to a high standard suitable for delivery
- Adhering to relevant health and safety regulations when operating machinery and handling products including understanding and making use of PPE provided in order to fulfil your duties.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, be reliable, flexible and understand the importance of customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Previous Manual Handling experience
- Valid FLT licence would be highly advantageous
- Excellent team player
- Motivated, enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Passion to grow and develop
- Flexible, willing to work overtime as required
We are a great company to work for and love what we do! If you are passionate, innovative and would like to be part of our team, we can offer you:
A competitive salary ranging between £24,000 to £30,000 per annum, payable monthly depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4pm
- No evening or Sunday shifts,
- 31 days holiday including Bank Holidays,
- Overtime is available at peak trading times
- Excellent Employee Discounts
- Company Sick Pay (after 12 months)
- Pension Plan
- Yearly bonus
- Christmas shutdown
- Free car parking on site
- Free tea and coffee