Be part of our team
As a Warehouse Operative, the highest attention to detail is required to ensure that all goods are picked and packed correctly.
You may be required to make goods deliveries on a set route to customers by driving a company vehicle while providing excellent customer service. A full clean drivers licence is essential for the role.
A Forklift truck licence is not essential as full training will be given but please highlight if you have one
Experience working in a manufacturing setting is advantageous but not essential, as successful candidates will undergo full in house training.
You may be required, from time to time, to assist other departments depending on business needs
• Take delivery of shipments, assist with unloading, checking goods for damage or missing items
• Storing and rotating stock according to procedures and assisting with stock takes
• Packing and securing goods on to pallets to a high standard suitable for delivery
• Computer literacy, including knowing how to use the relevant software to organize deliveries via couriers
• Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
• Follow workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
• Moving goods between storage locations by company van
• Moving goods to assigned storage spaces by operating a forklift truck
• Cleaning, servicing and carrying out safety checks, completing vehicle daily log books.
• Attend the workplace on a regular and timely basis, informing the team leader of any lateness or unplanned absence in a timely manner.
• Ensure the work area is clean, tidy and orderly at all times.
• Maintain a neat and orderly appearance within the workplace
• Maintain a safe working environment for yourself and other team members, participating in safety activities as requested.
- The candidate must take great pride in their work and have a process driven work ethic.
- The candidate will be quality focused, punctual, willing to learn and conscientious.
- The candidate must be extremely trustworthy and work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be physically fit, as the job role includes manual handling.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively within the organisation.
- Perform in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic, self motivated and reliable.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £23,000.00 per year